It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Nope! Not Christmas!

The most wonderful time of the year for me is Autumn, that glorious spell when the red, orange, yellow, bronze, and even frost-nipped light green leaves explode all over the mountain sides. The apposition of those vibrant colors against an azure sky and blue spruce pines just makes me want to dance for joy. 

Photo of the north side of Snowbasin from last year. We haven't had any snow in the mountains yet, but the forecast calls for rain this week. I'm in high hopes of some moisture in them thar hills!

I know it sounds totally corny, but I am so not kidding. There is something about the season that just awakens my senses. Maybe it's because I don't sweat unless I actually try really hard (to sweat in a workout--no problemo!) There is something about jewel tones that is really attractive to me, that enliven my sense of color, and I find myself totally into seasonal decorating. I'm not usually a very good decorator--don't have enough money or time--but it's when I like my house the most. So, here's a preview of what will be coming to my place very soon. Can't wait!!



The living room: It only needs a blaze in the hearth to add more warmth.

It's always a challenge for me to figure out what to put on top of the shelves in my living room, but I just love this.

It's an odd little corner behind the couch, but one of the first things you see when you walk in. I love those splashes of bright fall color. They stand out to me and make me focus on different elements of design. I also really love the glow of the lighting in this room. It's not professional by a long shot, but it feels like home.


So, you Fall junkies out there, show me your stuff. I would love to see your take on the season. Comment, send me links to your favorite sites, and give me some more ideas. I'm excited!








Comments

  1. Beautiful header photo! I also love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No More Halloweens to Go!

I Thought It Had Been a Month . . . Um, It's Been Two

Cover Reveal