A Book Plug and a Pretty Please

I was walking through Costco a couple of years ago, just browsing through the book section, and started talking to the nicest lady. It didn't take me long to realize that she was a writer and was there to sell her book entitled Watched. She even gave some really good advice about publishing my own book. But you know what? I think she still would've been as nice to me if I hadn't bought her book. And that's what makes Cindy Hogan tick. She is a wonderful writer of YA suspense fiction, but she also has this really fun, vibrant, enthusiastic personality. I've watched people flock to talk to this marvelous lady. No wonder she sells a lot of books. People like what she writes, but perhaps more importantly, they like her. 

As it turns out, I did buy her book, and I am very impressed with the handle she has on this genre. As it says in her bio, she has two teen daughters (who have graced the covers of Watched and Protected) and she often subs in our public schools, so she gets to hang out with teenyboppers a lot. She really "gets" them, you know? I was sitting in a writing conference with her and she asked the cutest questions about how to describe something, and I knew right then that she was asking the questions from her protagonist's point of view. I think she really knows how to get inside the teen mind, which most of us will attest, is a complete mystery. She also has this knack for creating action and suspense, which we all enjoy, not just the youngsters in our lives. I've even seen her described as the "Queen of Suspense" on other blogs. So, there you have it--my plug for Cindy's new book.

Created is the final book in the Watched series and here is the striking cover. I hope you will take the opportunity to read all three. They've been a lot of fun.







“Hogan's best work yet. Full of surprises, twists and turns. Fascinating main character. For danger, excitement, and a bit into a world most will never get the chance to try in real life, this story will take you there.” -Kathleen Brebes, reviewer

Here is Cindy's bio: "Cindy M. Hogan graduated with a secondary education teaching degree and enjoys spending time with unpredictable teenagers. More than anything she loves the time she has with her own teenage daughters and wishes she could freeze them at this fun age. If she's not reading or writing, you'll find her snuggled up with the love of her life watching a great movie or planning their next party. She loves to bake, garden and be outdoors doing a myriad of activities." You can learn more about Cindy and what she's up to on her blog: http://cindymhogan.blogspot.com/



The other thing that really stands out to me about Cindy is how willing she is to pull other writers into her orbit, including me. Yay! She has a very big circle of friends who are writers and they are all very supportive of each other, constantly networking, blogging, giving tips, cheerleading, teaching, editing, dealing with publishers or learning how to self-publish. They get together for critique groups and writer's workshops, which are beyond valuable.


Speaking of which--anyone have an opening in a critique group? I need to have more people than just my husband nodding his head and smiling when he reads my stuff:) Mind you, that's always a good thing, but still, more eyes on my writing, pretty please?

[mom%27s+headshot_edited-1.jpg]
Look for her at Costco selling books!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Halloweens to Go!

My Son Got Married, but I'm Still Editing!

I Thought It Had Been a Month . . . Um, It's Been Two