More Love--For an Audiobook

As an indie author, I've given little thought to making an audio book. In fact, the whole idea kind of overwhelms me, but my friend Donna Weaver has not only written an action/adventure romance (stayed up waaay too late when I was on vacation in Tampa reading this one), but got the book on tape, too! Kudos to you, my friend! What's scary about that possibility for me in the future is, what if I hate the way the actor voices my characters??? Having spent a dozen years in the acting and modeling business, I've become rather picky about such things. I suppose I will cross that bridge when I come to it:) I know that's not a problem here at all. I've heard Donna mention on FB and other places how pleasantly surprised she is at how well the actor portrays all the characters. So, if you enjoy audiobooks, you won't want to miss this one.

 Here's another thing you should know about this blog post. And it's a little embarrassing. I am so not a techie, not that you have to be to get stuff to work on blogger. I tried, I REALLY TRIED to get the embedded commands from the info I got to play nice, but it just didn't. I usually don't have this problem, and I'm glad, because if I struggled with software issues every time I wanted to post, I'd throw my computer out the window. It's nice when they work, isn't it?:)

And here's the link to Donna's blog http://weavingataleortwo.blogspot.com  because I'm pretty sure what you see here will be completely inoperable. Have fun tracking her down. RAFFLECOPTER CODES (choose one) Rafflecopter Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/share-code/ZTJmOGRkOTBkYzQ2Yjk4YjVhM2M2NDA2OTQyOTZkOjA=/ Embed code: a Rafflecopter giveaway AUDIOBOOK SAMPLE EMBEDDED CODE BOOK BLURB When Lyn sets off on her supposedly uncomplicated and unromantic cruise, she never dreams it will include pirates. All the 25-year-old, Colorado high school teacher wants to do is forget that her dead fiancĂ© was a cheating scumbag. Lyn plans a vacation diversion; fate provides Braedon, an intriguing surgeon. She finds herself drawn to him: his gentle humor, his love of music, and even his willingness to let her take him down during morning karate practices. Against the backdrop of the ship's make-believe world and temporary friendships, her emotions come alive. However, fear is an emotion, too. Unaware of the sensitive waters he's navigating, Braedon moves to take their relationship beyond friendship--on the very anniversary Lyn is on the cruise to forget. Lyn's painful memories are too powerful, and she runs from Braedon and what he has to offer. It’s hard to avoid someone when stuck on the same ship, and the pair finds themselves on one of the cruise's snorkeling excursions in American Samoa. Paradise turns to piracy when their party is kidnapped and Lyn's fear of a fairytale turns grim. Now she must fight alongside the man she rejected, first for their freedom and then against storms, sharks, and shipwreck. BOOK LINKS Audible Amazon Barnes & Noble AUTHOR BIO Donna K. Weaver has always loved reading and creating stories and has been ever entertained. A Navy brat. A U.S. Army veteran. An avid cruiser, she’s sailed the Pacific four times. A Shorei Kempo Karate black belt, she lives in Utah with her husband. They have six children, eight grandchildren. AUTHOR LINKS Website Facebook Twitter Goodreads

Comments

  1. I wouldn't be as worried about the actor reading my stuff as I would be concerned that it would sound really bad as he read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it, Shantal! Thanks so much. Sorry it was a pain for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun! Like I said, I need a break from those mountains of laundry:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Be Running on the Beach--I Really Should!

Almost Hit the Mark

NaNoWriMo in November? Why???