Author Highlight--Christy Dorrity


There's something about Ireland that captures my imagination. I can't explain it. I've never been there, but the landscapes in photos are so beautiful and their tales so tragic and their music and dance so bold, I can't help but wish I had all the time (and money) in the world to just go there and absorb everything. To me, Ireland is a land of myth, stories full of passion and romance that play out in a mysterious landscape. One such story is Awakening by Christy Dorrity. I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but Christy is getting great reviews for her debut YA novel. I am pleased and proud to highlight Christy who is a Top of Utah writer like me. I don't know what the deal is with the white boxes in this blog post, but I'm tired, so I'm going to roll with it:)

1) Did the idea for Awakening occur before or after you began taking Irish dance lessons?

I began taking Irish dance lessons eleven years ago and as I started writing seriously, it was only natural that I write about what I love!
2) How much research was involved in creating the Awakening world?
The research for Awakening was so much fun that I can't even tell you how much work it was. I enjoyed learning about Celtic mythology, and the Irish dancing was definitely the best kind of research!
3) You're a busy mom. What is your writing routine? How much time do you devote to it per day?
I write in the afternoons when my kids are in school and my preschooler watches TV. I spend on average 2-3 hours per day, but that may include marketing, writing, editing, or anything writerly.
4) What inspired you to become a writer? Did something specific happened that convinced you?
When I was in the doctors office for a prenatal checkup with my last child, I felt overwhelmed and wrote a poem. It opened up a floodgate and the need to write has been flowing ever since!
5) Do you have anything new in the works? Tell us about it.
I'm currently working on book two in The Geis and it is so invigorating to be creative again. Also, the 2013 Book Blogger's Cookbook is in the works.


Here's the link to ebooks. Okay, this is just annoying. The link doesn't show. White boxes and now this! Okay, go to Amazon and search for Christy. You'll find her:)
Awakening is also available in paperback at Amazon. Have fun tracking her down and Happy Reading!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No More Halloweens to Go!

I Thought It Had Been a Month . . . Um, It's Been Two

Cover Reveal