Highlighting Konstanz Silverbow Today

Konstanz is a puzzle to me. She's so young, yet it seems like she's been writing for ages. She writes YA fantasy and loves Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit (that might explain that cool dragon she wears on her shoulder:) She's got some pretty stellar reviews for her book, Only Half Alive, and just finished another book that she has been working on for eight years. She is definitely a hard-working, prolific writer.

1)      To me, you are the master of using social media to generate buzz for your book. Where do you get your ideas?
A: I watch and I learn. I follow hundreds of other authors. I have been for years. So I watch and see what works and what doesn't.

2)      Tell us about "Only Half Alive." How did the idea develop?
A: Funny enough, I just had this idea of what if everything we knew about paranormal creatures was wrong? What if everything was backwards? It developed from that into this demon who wanted to be good, who didn't want to be the bad guy. And from that come Only Half Alive.

3)      You are a violinist and work in the family business. How do find time to write?
      A: Sadly my violin playing suffers greatly due to my writing. But more than that, I just make time. I refuse to just NOT write because of a busy schedule. If I get home late, I write late. But I make sure to write. It’s the only way to make it work. The good thing is I type fast so I can write a lot in a short amount of time.
On top of that, my family is good about making sure they leave me alone when I’m writing. And they know it is important to me, so they help me make time. If there’s a will, there’s a way.
            4)      When it comes to outlining, do you fly by the seat of your pants and see what turns up or do you plan it out before you ever sit down to draft?
      A: I DEFINIETLY fly by the seat of my pants. I tried planning once. It felt like I had trapped my muse inside a cage of plans and because of it, the poor thing didn’t know where to start or how to get to the next place in the story. I finally shredded all plans, thereby freeing my muse and now we happily work together, plans not invited.
             5) Do you have a writing routine, like writing at a certain time of day or listening to music?
A: I write best at night but I can wake up early and write if I need to. Honestly, I’ve found as long as its dark outside I can write and be good at it. I usually get stuck if I’m trying to write mid-day. Don’t ask me why or how that works, I haven’t figured it out myself.
And music is a huge MUST! No music? No words!


 Author Bio:
Konstanz Silverbow has always been a dreamer . . . but not a writer. Being an author was something she was dragged into. But since that day, she hasn't stopped. It has become more than a hobby, it is a passion. 
During the day Konstanz works, making jewelry, playing the violin, collecting dragons, and learning all she can about medieval weapons. But at night she creates made up worlds and places where those dragons come to life and the weapons are used in battle."
Young adult fantasy, paranormal with a dash of romance author, Konstanz Silverbow; Proud Creator of magical worlds, fictional creatures, ideal super heroes and sarcasm since 2007!


Purchase Links: 

Only Half Alive -
Missing Royal PRE-ORDER – via Etsy


Konstanz Silverbow
Proud Creator of magical worlds, fictional creatures, 
ideal super heroes and sarcasm since 2007!
Author of Only Half Alive- Now Available
and Missing Royal - Coming 3-25-14



Comments

  1. Love it! Thank you so much for the fun interview!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Be Running on the Beach--I Really Should!

Almost Hit the Mark

NaNoWriMo in November? Why???