Who Has the Time?

Do you write during the summer?

Seriously, I don't have a full time job or little kids and I can't seem to find the time.

Send help!


Well, I have my reasons. I'm just not sure they're very good reasons.

1) The month of May: I'm a gardener and it is one of the busiest months of the year for me. Here are a few samples of how things are looking at my place. I especially love flowers that grow in pots.






 Am I right, or am I right? Gorgeous. I love watching them grow all summer.



 2) Travel: My husband is an extraordinary history professor. I'm not just being biased. Ask anyone who knows him. He is gifted. He spent many summers away from home (since when my kids were itty bitty) working for school districts and the Larry Miller Education Foundation taking teachers on history tours.

He really has a knack for making you "feel" the emotion and the power and the significance behind historical events. 

One of the teachers on a previous tour told her father how much she enjoyed it, how much she learned, and how excited she was to bring that knowledge and excitement into her classes. Well, he asked my husband to lead a tour back east, mostly to Revolutionary War sites and museums, for his family. That's 50+ people, folks. There were 30 kids ages 3-17, but they were great, seemed to be having the time of their lives. Who doesn't love hanging out with their cousins, right? My son and I got to go and it really was a wonderful experience. The problem was, once I got my gardening done (well, that's not really ever done), I had to get ready for this 10-day trip back east. Here are a few of my favorite pics from our trip.


Back porch at Mt. Vernon. Don't mind my son's expression.
He tells me it's epic.
Monticello

Rain. Humidity before a storm?
Sauna proportions of heat and steam.
It was awful.

My son and I especially loved the Museums of Natural History and American History.



Me at Little Round Top at Gettysburg where my favorite hero of the Civil War saved the day.
 My son and I sneaked away from the group to hit Busch Gardens for a day. Hey, it wasn't ALL about the history:)


Favorite pic of my Beatles-loving son.






















We are finally home and don't mind the 100 degree temps. It's a "dry" heat, after all;) I have missed my story greatly. It's finished and working it's way through critique groups and beta readers with flying colors. I have at least three story lines for a sequel that I promised myself I would plot for an hour a day. Sadly, that hasn't happened. I'm thinking of either gardening or exercising in the early morning before it gets too hot and writing in the heat of the afternoons. I need to get on a regular schedule!!!

What works for you? I would dearly love to know. Leave me some suggestions. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Be Running on the Beach--I Really Should!

Almost Hit the Mark

NaNoWriMo in November? Why???