For You Writers Out There

Don't you just love it when you read a book by another author and you learn something new that will help with your own writing? I'm reading Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. I'm not much into fantasy, but I'm beginning to see the light. He uses this interesting technique at the end of his book, basically character jumping within the same chapter, but it's delineated and very clear whose perspective it is. The plot unfolds so fast with snippets from more than the two main characters and is resolving perfectly, tying up all these bits of the story that didn't seem important at the time, but now make perfect sense as to why they were put there in first place. I'm writing a sequel to a yet unpublished work and I'm excited to try it:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Halloweens to Go!

I Thought It Had Been a Month . . . Um, It's Been Two

Cover Reveal