Volunteering is Good for the Soul

I've spent the last 20 years volunteering in our public schools. It's one of the things in my life that I do not look back on with regret, not one bit. It has been time well spent because I wanted to help my kids. Once I got into it, I realized I wanted to help as many kids as possible, not just mine. 

I really thought I'd be the soccer mom, but it turned out that my sons had different talents and different interests and ended up being choir/musical theater geeks. Twice a year, I've spent a good amount of time being one of many in our parent army that helps produce very big musicals at the local high school. I'll admit to being biased, but I'm not lying AT ALL when I say these shows on the high school level are really more like watching college level productions. We are fortunate to have a great director, really talented set designers, lighting designers, costumers and choreographers who love working with her, and kids in this area who are super talented. There must be something in the water. There are some quite amazing singers in this neck of the woods. 

So, we're just having a little fun as we gear up for Mary Poppins. Here's my son as Mr. Banks in. . . (look carefully) Gringott's. Yeah, our wonderful photographer, may have a bit too much time on his hands;) I sent this pic to my son's best buddy and he said he "approves of Teddy Roosevelt in Gringott's." Goes to show dude knows my boy. TR is his hero! Good times!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Be Running on the Beach--I Really Should!

Almost Hit the Mark

NaNoWriMo in November? Why???