Help a Girl Out, Will You?

I need your help.

After 5 years of writing, rewriting, editing and revising, this is what my office should look like. Thank heavens for computers. And even after 5 years of being so intimate with my story, it still does not have a title. That's where you come in.




I just sent my edited manuscript, pitch, and query to an agent. She requested a “full” when I pitched my book to her at the Storymakers conference last May, meaning she wants to read the whole darn thing! I’m not expecting miracles, and I’ve thickened my dragon skin, but you never know. To celebrate I’m asking family, friends, and readers who see this post to help me come up with a title. I know, right? I haven’t found a title that I want to wrap my arms around yet. Here are a couple that I’ve bounced around: Renegade Princess and Princess Defiant. I want something more like Warbreakers, but Brandon Sanderson beat me to it.

Here’s the pitch. Let me know what comes to mind in comments. This is not a contest, just hoping you’ll give a girl some help, but I will give an e-copy of my book when it comes out to the person whose title I pick (That could be a while, just sayin’). And I may still think of something on my own. This is totally subjective people. I have to love it.

Princess Marguerite of Asterias has grown-up amid the ruins of a hundred year war. Burdened by an overprotective father and an abusive brother, she resents feeling useless in the face of almost certain disaster and is determined to prove that she can help defeat the invading army of Edmira. Secretly stealing away from the castle she becomes Meg, a woman in disguise who feeds and clothes the hungry and spies on her father’s commanders, convinced that they do not give him the crucial intelligence he needs to win the war.

Captain Nicholas Sheppard is Edmira’s most capable soldier and spy. Pressed into the army as a teen, he has spent 10 long years developing strategy and winning battles that Edmira seemed certain to lose. He’s a stone-cold killer with a talent for snatching victory at just the right moment, the stuff of legends. The storytellers have dubbed him the Wolf Knight.

Stumbling upon Meg on a mission to kill an Asterian leader and falling in love with her is the very last thing he ever intended. As the two armies move closer to their final battle, however, he finds he cannot bring himself to give her up.


As Princess Marguerite and Captain Sheppard navigate the political intrigue between their countries, each trying to outwit the other, they find solace and a measure of stolen peace in their clandestine meetings, never guessing that their greatest love and their greatest threat are one and the same.

The agent was smiling by the time I was done, so I think she must've liked it. Please give me your input. I'm looking forward to being more active on social media (super busy summer and epic family commitments have derailed these attempts lately). I can't wait to interact with people who love to read, especially these kind of stories. Thanks to those who have followed my blog lately. I really appreciate it. Hint, hint to those of you who haven't;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Halloweens to Go!

I Thought It Had Been a Month . . . Um, It's Been Two

Cover Reveal