Two Months? Aw, geez!

Hey, there!

Long time, no see! I've been busy. How about you? There was NaNoWriMo, then the holidays. I spent most of January writing because it's been snowy here in Northern Utah. What else you gonna do, except ski;) right? I think we're at 173% of normal, or at least in that range. The snow is fantastic. Utah really does have the greatest snow on earth and waterskiing this summer is going to be insane. Can't wait.


Those piles are at least 4 feet high.

I've made some pretty good progress on my story within the last few months. I've finished a prequel novella and the first book in a series. I'm halfway through writing the second in the series. My goal in 2017 is to get the novella and first book ready for publication. After several years of solid drafting, editing and attending writing conferences, I think they're finally ready. So, watch for some exciting news, probably by summer time.

At the suggestion of one of my critique partners, I'm reading Theft of Swords. It's really good. If you like fantasy, you should give it a whirl. She said my WIP was similar in writing style and I should check it out. Af first, I was really flattered. We're talking about a dang good writer here, but then I came upon a scene in nature is that is similar to one I just finished writing. You know that moment when you realize the author wrote it waaaay better than you did? Yeah, that's me. Back to the drawing board. Why is writing so frustrating?

Here are some gifs to go along with my rage. JK, but they are pretty funny. Enjoy! Hey, readers and writers alike, I'd love to hear from you. What are you reading and writing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Thought It Had Been a Month . . . Um, It's Been Two

Cover Reveal

Finally Getting Real