I Thought It Had Been a Month . . . Um, It's Been Two

Crikey, as my youngest would say, it's been almost two months since I've posted.

Well, that might explain why it's so popular. Lol! I'm admittedly a terrible blogger. I use it more as a journal to keep a record of what's happening with writing, the publication process, and to show-off the reasons why I haven't been chained to my computer this summer, like every good writer should.

Writing news first: Last I checked in, I had hired an editor to do the final proof reading and formatting for my prequel novella and Book 1. I have struggled with a title for this first in a series. We both just call it Meg's book, because it is about a princess who sneaks out of the castle to help the people of her war torn country. She goes in disguise (of course) and adventure follows, the most exciting of which is meeting a ruggedly handsome soldier that she thinks is in her father's army. Connect the dots on that;) Yes, it's a rather large case of mistaken identity. It's a fun story, part historical, part romance, and set in an imaginary world. After contemplating several of the worst possible titles, I've decided on Between Fire and Fury. Fire represents Meg's passion and fury represents the war, which threatens everything, especially the romance.

The only thing that needs to be done in terms of the formatting is for me to get my hind end in gear and learn how to create newsletters and generate links (so I can put them in my ebooks). I'm on schedule to have a book covered designed for the novella this month, titled The Runaway Queen, by one of my dream book cover artists. It's going to be epic. I really do hope to have it available to read for FREE by August. That's coming up, so I better get moving. The book cover for Between Fire and Fury is scheduled for the last week of August. Seriously, things are moving forward and I couldn't be more excited to share my story.

Summer 2015. Huge branches up high broke in a wind storm.
So . . . I am a gardener. It's just a hobby, but I do love making the things around me more beautiful and why I struggle to find time to write in the summer. The month of May in Utah is absolutely insane with all the planting that needs to be done in my yard. It's exhausting and year after year I wonder why I keep doing it, but I like flowers. *shrugs* What can I say? This year we had a new garden space that needed a lot of things, a new swing structure, tilling, raking, embedding stepping stones, and planting so many things. Check out the pics. How do you go from a shade garden under huge willows to a garden with full sun? Um, a lot of sweat. 

Summer 2016

I was having major hip problems and a ton of pain two years ago and I just let the area go. Big mistake. It's taken a lot of work just to dig everything up.










Summer 2017
Here is our new sunny garden space that just needs to be filled in with flowering perennials. Hubby is a talented wood worker and built the structure for the swing. He did a great job! We've spent the mornings (when it's cooler outside) sanding that swing. It's been in my yard for years. I stained it red. Why did I stain it red? The wood underneath is so pretty. It will be getting a natural finish, just like the structure.

Also, this happened!!! My son asked his sweetheart to marry him. She's an absolutely amazing young woman and we are so excited to have her be a part of our family. And, I finally get a daughter;) So, we are planning an October wedding. I'm sure that will add to the demands on my writing schedule, but that's okay. I have goals and I will meet them. You'll see!

I could post so much more, but I think you get the gist. I'd love to hear from you! I especially need advice on how to use the time I have more wisely. Productivity is hard for me and why it's taken me years to get these books ready for publication. If you've got any tips, please let me know. I'd be happy to write a blog post about it. Let me know. Hope you're having a healthy, happy summer. 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No More Halloweens to Go!

My Son Got Married, but I'm Still Editing!